(This post was last updated on: 11/17/20.)
Are you looking for a new way to make your house smell fresh and clean? I love to use stovetop potpourri, it makes the whole house smell delicious! I have a few recipes I typically use, but this one is particularly good for spring. Keep reading to learn how simple it is to make your own DIY spring stovetop potpourri.
These are easy and quick to make which is always a good thing. I make several at one time, then keep them in the fridge for when I am ready to get one simmering. These make great, inexpensive gifts, just another reason to have a couple extra on hand.
Supplies You Need to Make DIY Spring Stovetop Potpourri:
- 1 Quart size wide mouth mason jar
- 2 Lemons sliced
- 2 Sprigs of rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons of vanilla extract
Instructions on How to Make DIY Stovetop Potpourri
- Place lemons, rosemary and vanilla into mason jar.
- Add water until filled.
- When you are ready to use, dump entire contents into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low.
- Simmer all day, add more water as needed.
Have you ever tried to make your own stovetop potpourri? What are your favorite ingredients to use in your potpourri. I would love to hear, so leave me a comment below!