(This post was last updated on: 11/23/20.)
Are the men in your life hard to shop for? I always have a problem trying to figure out the right gift to buy my father and father in law. Both seem to have everything they need and buy whatever they want. So shopping for both of them seems impossible. And I consider myself a pretty darn good gift giver so I always put a lot of thought into buying anyone a gift.
Over the years, I have figured out that it is better to give our dads an experience rather than a gift that they didn’t really want and won’t end up using. Sometimes that might mean a simple gift card to a store or restaurant that they love and sometimes it means something much more exciting. Here is a roundup of some cool ideas in our Father’s Day Gift Guide for this year. Hopefully it helps take some of the anxiety out of finding that perfect gift for you dad.
2020 Father’s Day Gift Guide & Gift Ideas:
- Book a two hour guided tour of the BMW Factory in Spartanburg, SC. Any car guy would love this tour. Cost: $15.
- Reserve a tour and tasting at Doc Porter’s Craft Spirits in Charlotte. I bought this for my husband for Christmas and we had a lot of fun and learned way more than at a usual winery/ brewery tour. Tours are only offered on Saturday. Cost: $15.
- Book a NASCAR Racing Experience at The Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord. My husband raced a car here through his work and he had the time of his life. Cost: $99-600 depending on which package you choose. You can also purchase a gift card.
- Salud! Cooking School at the Whole Foods store in South Park offers a wide variety of cooking classes. My husband and I attended a sushi making class here and it was a blast. Cost: $65 for most classes $125 for a couples class.
- Pamper your dad by scheduling him an appt. at The Gentlemen’s Salon in Indian Trail. The women who own this salon specialize in men’s haircuts and straight razor shaves with a hot steam towel treatment. Cost: $15-25.
What Father’s Day gifts do you like to buy for the men in your life? Do any of the ideas in our Father’s Day Gift Guide sound like something your dad would want? Leave me a comment below! I love reading your ideas and feedback.