I have been seeing videos all over social media on how to make homemade bread. I am sure you have too. But have you tried it yet? I found this recipe through one of my favorite YouTube Channels- Kelly’s Korner. Here’s how to make bread in your crock pot, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make!
Ingredients to make your own bread:
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 envelope of active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
How to make your own crock pot bread:
- The recipe says to line the crock pot with parchment paper, but I just sprayed mine well with non stick spray
- In a bowl, combine the yeast and sugar, then add water until combined
- Add flour, oil and salt, stir until combined and dough forms
- On a floured surface, knead dough approx. 5 minutes, then roll dough into a ball and place in your crock pot
- Cook on high approx. 2 hours, until golden on the bottom, internal temp should be approx. 200 degrees
- Carefully remove bread and if you want to crisp the crust, put the bread on a baking sheet and broil until golden, approx. 2-3 minutes
- Let cool for 20 minutes
- Slice and serve warm or at room temp
Now I know mine came out a little weird looking. I think it is because I used my largest crock pot. Next time I will use a smaller one so it expands up instead of out. But I will tell you, it tasted awesome! We sliced it up and spread some butter on it. Yum! Yum!
Have you tried making your own homemade bread? Leave me a comment below with your fave recipe.
Don’t miss these cooking posts:
Shop this post:
Original Recipe Courtesy: Delish.com