(This post was last updated on: 11/19/20.)
During the week I have been doing pretty good keeping up with one goal I made for myself this year. I have been eating a yogurt every morning for breakfast for its probiotic properties that are good for your gut health. I have tried all different kinds and of course love Greek yogurt the best as most people nowadays. But I do like a little crunch with my yogurt. I wanted to make my own granola so that I knew exactly what ingredients were in it since I have had allergic reactions to similar products in the past. This is how to make homemade granola that your whole family will love.
This is a super easy recipe that made 2 mason jars full of granola that I sprinkle on top of my yogurt every morning. I just need to get better at sticking to my goal on the weekend. Anyone else have that problem? Anyways, here’s how simple it is to make homemade gronola.
Ingredients for Your Homemade Granola:
- 1 1/2 cup of regular old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut if desired
How to Prep Homemade Granola:
- Mix the dry ingredients all together, then add the wet ingredients.
- Stir until combined, it will be clumpy.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Store in 2 mason jars or an air tight container.
Have you ever made your own homemade granola? Tell me what you like to put in your recipe in a comment below.