I love making these simple stovetop potpourris. There are so many scent combinations that are possible. I think this one in particular is perfect for summer. It’s a fresh scent, not too overpowering. And when you put this potpourri on the stove, it will make your whole house smell amazing, unlike a candle that mostly works in one room. This is how to make stovetop potpourri that you can enjoy all day long.
- 2 Limes sliced
- 3 Sprigs of rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 Quart sized mason jar
- Place limes, rosemary and vanilla into mason jar.
- Add water until filled. Store the potpourri in the fridge.
- When you are ready to use, dump entire contents into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low.
- Simmer all day, add more water as needed.
Check Out These Other DIY Posts:
Shop This Post:
Tips for Stovetop Potpourri:
- I make several jars at one time and keep them in the fridge until I want to use one.
- These make great gifts! Just use a cute jar or tie a pretty ribbon on a plain jar.
- Make sure you bring the potpourri to a boil before you simmer, otherwise the scent won’t fill your home as well.
- Most stovetop potpourri mixtures can be used multiple times, just add more water and reheat.