Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
If you are looking for something fun to do this Fall in Charlotte, NC whether that is solo or a family friendly event, we have come up with the best list of 20 Things to do this Fall in Charlotte NC. I can’t wait to get out there and enjoy the cooler temps at some of these Charlotte area Fall events!
20 Things to do this Fall in Charlotte NC:
- Tuck Fest Oct. 1-3. U.S. National Whitewater Center. The annual festival brings musical performances together with competitions, races, yoga, outdoor gear shopping and good food and beer.
- Grill’n & Chill’n BBQ Cook-Off Oct. 8-9. Historic Downtown Waxhaw. Public tasting of the best BBQ around as part of the town’s annual Autumn Treasures Festival.
- SCarowinds Sept. 17- Oct. 31. Carowinds Amusement Park. Get chased by flesh hungry zombies on your way to the next roller coaster!
- Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade Nov. 24, 6:00 p.m. Uptown Charlotte. The annual parade is mixing things up this year by having the parade at night.
- Carolina Renaissance Festival Oct. 2- Nov. 21. Huntersville. If you have never been to this festival, you must go check it out!
- Rural Hill’s Sheepdog Trials + Dog Festival Nov. 9-10. Historic Rural Hill. Agility competitions, dock diving, shepherding championships and so much more fun for your furbaby to watch and enjoy.
- Scarecrow Hollow Oct. 1-31. Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. This new exhibit of handcrafted scarecrows can been seen during the month of October.
- Bank of America Roval 400 Oct. 10. Charlotte Speedway. NASCAR’s homecoming showcase.
- Girl Tribe Pop Up Sept. 25. Charlotte Convention Center. Shop til you drop from all women led businesses. This is a great way to support small businesses.
- Wicked Sept. 8- Oct. 3. Ovens Auditorium. Broadway comes to Charlotte in this tale about The Land of Oz.
- Festival in the Park Sept. 24-26. Freedom Park. The annual festival showcases local artists and features fun entertainment.
- Asian Festival + Dragon Boat Race Oct. 23. Ramsey Creek Park on Lake Norman. Celebrate the heritage of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas in Concert Oct. 22-23. Belk Theater. Listen to The Charlotte Symphony play along as you watch Tim Burton’s masterpiece on the big screen.
- Speed Street Oct. 7-9. Romare Bearden Park. A music fest to kick off the start of race season. Click on the link to see the lineup of bands.
- Rural Hill’s Amazing Maize Maze Sept. 6- Nov. 7. Historic Rural Hill. 7 acres of corn to lose your family in for a couple hours sounds like paradise.
- Immersive Van Gogh Sept. 16- Oct. 31. Camp North End. Walk thru this amazing interactive art exhibit that will appeal to all of your senses.
- Denver Days- Music in the Park Oct. 2. Near Lincoln Charter School. Outdoor concert featuring Blue Monday.
- Aw Shucks Corn Maze+ Pumpkin Patch Sept. 24- Nov. 14. Aw Shucks Farms. Spend the day getting lost in a corn maze, fishing, going on a wagon ride or petting the farm animals.
- Dog Gone Good Time Festival Sept. 28. Walter Y. Elisha Park in Ft. Mill. A fun filled day with your furbaby; includes vendors , family activities and doggy games.
- BooFest Oct. 23. Stowe Park & S. Main St., Belmont. Enjoy a night of live music, trick or treating, costume contests, carnival rides, craft & food vendors and a spooky photo booth.
What fun events do you plan to attend? Do you know of other Fall themed events and family oriented activities that we should add to our list? If so, leave a comment below.